We are in the process of hiring, and are thrilled to be offer opportunities to students in our community. With support from the Government of Canada we are currently looking to hire a Research Assistant, as a part of the Canada Summer Jobs is an initiative of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which, “aims to provide flexible and holistic services to help all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition into the labour market.”
If you know someone who may benefit from this opportunity, please feel free to share! We will be giving special consideration to those who self-identify as women, Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit and Métis), member of an official language minority community, new immigrant, refugee, a person with a disability, a visible minority or LGBTQ2S+ or who live in a rural or remote location.
About the Role
The Research Assistant works as a member of the communications team to develop programming for BCEdAccess, from running surveys to assisting with subcommittees.
The Research Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will assist in survey releases and report writing, working with partner organizations and the communications team to execute development projects. The Research Assistant will also assist in the planning and execution of research and partnership projects, including:
- Coordinating social media and email promotion
- Improving internal policy and terms
- Initiating research projects
- Seeking and managing board sub-committees (ie. youth committee)
- Developing relationships with partner organizations
- Assisting in other areas as necessary
- Demonstrated applied skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Suite
- Comfort collaborating within a larger team
- Previous experience with research papers and surveys
- Previous experience in proofreading
- Ability to work remotely and unsupervised
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills
Other Useful Skills and Experience:
- Skilled in writing (please provide a writing sample)
- Previous experience with cold calls
- Knowledge of education, disabilities, human rights, social justice
- Political science, marketing, business
- Volunteering/nonprofit experience
- Communications/marketing/public relations experience
|Job type||Contract, part-time|
|Pay||$18.00 per hour|
|Hours||12 hours per week|
|Anticipated start date||June 28, 2021|
|Location||Supervised telecommuting (online)|
How to apply
To be eligible for a Summer Job position with BCEdAccess Society applicants must be between 15-30 years old.
Interested candidates are asked to forward their resume and cover letter stating the job title in the subject line to email@example.com. You may also include a sample of writing or portfolio if you believe it is applicable.
BCEdAccess is committed to being an inclusive, equitable and accessible employer. We want everyone in our organization to feel valued and welcome. If you need accommodation in any or all aspects of the selection process, just let us know.
While we appreciate all applications, we will only contact those individuals selected for interviews.